1. Who are we?
We are the “Juniper Green Board Gamers” (or JGBG for shorts), Family Gaming group for people in and around Juniper Green, Currie, Balerno, Baberton, Longstone, Colinton Village and anywhere on the West side of Edinburgh.
We also aim to promote Gaming with our local schools, groups and businesses.
Important: Our club is kids and family friendly/focused. It’s loud and we have no issues with noise providing they are of a happy nature.
2. Purpose of the Club
- Promote Tabletop Gaming within the Juniper Green, Baberton, Currie and Balerno area in all its facets and their benefits to math, reading, critical thinking and social skills.
- Provide opportunities to play in organized events to our members and the community
- Welcome Children into the Gaming hobby and encourage family-focuses games by welcoming children and their parents or guardians to play games in a safe and fun environment.
- Provide opportunities for social interactions; including opportunities to teach games to interested parties of all ages.
3. Club Meetings
The Club will meet between 6.00pm and 9.00pm every 2 weeks on Fridays.
This will be subject to hall availability. Additional meeting will be organised subject to hall availability, and arranged by the Committee when and if possible.
4. Main Rules, membership and Fees
All rules are subject to change following general meetings and club member’s approval.
- First visit to the club is free.
- Fee is £3/adult – under 18 free (members are free)
- Optional Membership of £50/year/adult. Membership grant right to vote in all decision made by the club, borrow games from the club’s library and free events during the year (like painting class)
- Children are welcome, but a parent/guardian must be present and stay+play
- A list of attendees is gathered for fire safety (name only and for the purpose stated only)
- We operate a zero tolerance to aggressive behaviour or any form of discrimination.